HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Licensed Clinic Manager - Urgent Care in Fort Worth, Texas
Manage and oversee the daily operations of one assigned CareNow Urgent Care clinics.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIESCustomer Service
- Respond appropriately to customer concerns.
- Insure proper phone etiquette of staff.
- Identify areas to improve customer service.
- Process formal complaints in a timely manner.
- Monitor staff for promotion of a caring friendly atmosphere, focusing on customer.
- Liaison to marketing staff to insure customer satisfaction.
Participate in and support methods of measuring customer satisfaction.Planning and Administration
· Oversee medical information requests.
· Oversee daily business reports
· Work closely with doctors to insure quality patient care
· Conduct bi-annual mock codes and quarterly fire/disaster drills
· Relay pertinent information to SOA regarding personnel problems
· Make necessary corrections in automated payroll system
· Oversee implementation of new policies or procedures at the center level.
· Interview and hire quality staff
· Ensure clinic is staffed according to budget/needs
· Order back office suppliesLeadership
Shares information from meetings with doctors and staff
- Accessible to staff and a positive role model
- Gives clear instructions and communicates necessary information
- Follow up on assignments to insure that work is completed.
- Realize training needs of employees and inform SOA.
- Interact with CareNow home office and other locations to provide continuity of care.
- Deliver constructive feedback to others as appropriate
- Work close with Front Desk Supervisor
- Act as liaison between CareNow Management Services and staff
Insure efficient service is provided to patients.Clerical Tasks
Approve payroll hours in a timely manner.
- Oversee and document significant incident occurrences in the center
- Revise and complete monthly work schedules for tech, nurse and mid-level.
- Review all mail and delegate workload
Keep staffing within budgetOversee Physical Assets of Clinic
Call for approval on maintenance of physical assets
- Oversee upkeep of reception areas
- Oversee upkeep of clinic exterior, i.e. lights, landscape, parking lot.
- Monitor cleaning of clinic by outside cleaning services
- Communicate maintenance needs to Area Manager
Maintain key controlEmployee Advocate
Insure employee satisfaction by communicating in a professional timely manner.
- Conducts employee reviews
- Assure a safe and healthy working environment
- Encourage employee’s continuing education as needed
- Liaison with CareNow home office to discuss needs and concerns of employees
Implement OSHA/Safety in-service in timely manner as neededAdmission Skills
Greets all patients courteously and with a smile in a timely manner
- Triage patients according to physicians and nurses orders.
- Ensure waiting area is kept clean throughout opening hours
- Able to register and discharge patients manually or by computer in an effort to help lower patients wait time.
Monitor patient wait timesTraining and Education
Attend staff meetings
- Maintain up to date with training assignments
Maintain appropriate licensure and or certificationsInterpersonal Relations
Treats guests, patients, physicians and other employees with care, courtesy and respect.
- Open and supportive of change.
- Supportive of company initiatives.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to all requests
- Focus on the future, does not dwell on past difficulties
Maintains strict confidentiality and preserves the dignity of othersQuality/Continuous Improvement
Ensure front desk is appropriately triages patients.
- Continuously looks for and suggests ways to improve
- Implement improvements as needed.
- Ensure the lab and r-ray areas are being operated according to local and state agencies. Audit logs and provide feedback if necessary.
- Carries out audit assignments with the appropriate direction
Uses past experiences as a learning process.
Take responsibility to solve problems rather than fix the blame
- Works cooperatively with other centers, providers and with management
- Willingly accepts additional responsibility – tries to make other employee’s job easier.
- Coordinates with others to plan and implement change
- Works evenings and some weekends
Available to staff by phone to help solve problems or answer questionsCommunication (Oral and Written)
Promptly and appropriately talks about problems with others
- Promote a positive working environment.
- Communicate information to all staff and providers in a timely manner.
- Listens carefully.
- Asks for, provides and welcomes feedback from doctors, managers and other employees
- Enforce compliance with Policy and Procedures
- Follow appropriate discipline action as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Licensed nurse or tech with experience
• Excellent Internal and external customer service
• Proficient with email, Word and Excel
• Positive attitude and open to change
Title: Licensed Clinic Manager - Urgent Care
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-CareNow - Eastchase
Requisition ID: 24927-49213