Solis Mammography Mammography Technologist in Fort Worth, Texas
Operates x-ray equipment and performs a variety of mammography-related diagnostic procedures. Individual must maintain a high degree of accuracy in positioning and exposure technique. Communicates with the patient and relays any pertinent information to the radiologist and documents on tracking sheet/chart. Works closely with the radiologist and understands and performs any necessary additional exams.
- Ability to effectively communicate to patients the procedures and educate women about the role of regular mammography in preventative breast health;
- Ability to effectively communicate on an individual and small group basis to doctors, patients, and other employees;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complicated, written or oral instructions;
- Must maintain patient-first focus at all times and exhibit outstanding customer service skills;
- Consistently practice excellent mammography positioning and exposure technique;
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Completion of a formal radiologic technology training program;
- Hold current certification by ARRT in Mammography or MQSA qualified to take ARRT advanced level exam in mammography with documentation of clinical experience;
- High School Diploma: Associates degree preferred;
- Must possess non-restricted licensure in state work location;
- Knowledge of database software, Sectra RIS/PACS software is preferred;
- Needs to be able to stand for long periods of time;
- Two years of experience in mammography is preferred;
- Experience with diagnostic procedures such as ultrasound core and stereotactic biopsies is preferred;
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend medical terminology;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Prior quality control experience preferred.
Keyword: Mammography Technologist
From: Solis Mammography