Novartis Pharmaceuticals Project Manager in Fort Worth, Texas
Job ID 197847BR
Posting Title Project Manager
Business Unit IT NBS
Work Location Fort Worth, TX
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Corporation
Functional Area Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Job Description The Project Manager is responsible for managing projects to provide IT solutions within the Portfolio and Product Lifecycle Management space within NBS Global Supply Chain IT. This role gives the project team directions and maintains control of progress, quality and budget. In addition this role assumes responsibility within the project for the optimal design, delivery and deployment of design processes, practices and solutions vs. business requirements. The Project Manager assumes responsibility for the end-to-end smooth transition of service delivery vs. defined stakeholder requirements and ensures the optimal planning and deployment of all activities and resources associated with a release.
• Directs outputs of a project team, often across locations
• Ensures overall success of a project and the effective use of resources
• Manages and represents the project from start-up to completion
• Plans and organizes the project, allocate internal and/or external resources to accomplish project tasks
• Leads the project staff
• Responsible for achieving the project objectives
• Manages quality, timeliness and cost of the deliverables
• Maintains control over the project’s status and budget
• Reports project status and issues where help is needed to the Steering Committee
• Adheres to the ICE project methodology and ensures GxP governance on regulated systems Ensures the Information Management Lifecycle is adhered to (i.e. including Clarity compliance, update project or engagement information and information system in accordance with appropriate SOPs and standards)
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• University degree in computer science, management information systems or related discipline Desirable education: Master’s degree
• Languages: Fluent English written & spoken
• 5 years of working-expertise in discrete/process industry; preferable in Pharmaceutical industry 8 years of senior experience in IT program/project management for global rollouts.
• Exhibits a comprehensive knowledge of project management methodology
• Has a deep knowledge of business process analysis and design, system architectures, technology standards, etc.
• Sound business domain knowledge
• Provides comprehensive and authoritative technical or professional guidance on a wide range of issues within the area of program management to influence internal and/or external stakeholders
• Extensive knowledge and ability to drive IT strategy and architectural standards Interacts with a typically diverse senior internal and external audience & is required to interpret complex information
• Superior communication, presentation, negotiation, & conflict resolution skills
• Solid understanding of Supply Chain & QA/QC IT solutions in the business domain
• Good understanding of GxP, CSV