Volunteers of America Texas Residential Monitor in Fort Worth, Texas
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For almost 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of _ “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential”_ through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
RESIDENTIAL MONITOR (MALE) Fort Worth, TX
The Residential Monitor position is available in the Addiction and Recovery program of VOATX that addresses addiction and the related issues of poverty, homelessness and trauma that arise from chemical dependency. This position is responsible for the management of residents, helping to maintain a supportive, safe, home environment, as well as the functional operation of the residential program and facility.
Responsibilities Include :
- Has responsibility for resident's care in compliance with standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Supervises residents in observance of house rules, as well as policies and procedures of Volunteers of America Texas treatment programs.
- Ensures the provision of a physically and emotionally safe environment for all residents enrolled in the program, sets appropriate boundaries, and adheres to all programmatic schedules, policies and procedures.
- Completes all shift notes and required documentation that relate to client care and communicates to incoming shift staff all relevant activity.
- Demonstrates and coaches the development of skills identified as goals in the treatment plan.
- Transports residents to meetings, appointments and any other transport that has been approved by Management Staff.
- Assists in planning, implementing and supervision of resident's activities.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate records and reports, in accordance with the program, agency and licensing standards.
- Provides resident intake orientation.
- Supervises clients’ self-administration of medication as scheduled, following protocols as trained.
- Obtains urine specimens and breath samples to monitor client usage, as appropriate.
- Participates in training, staffing and supervisory sessions and instructs group sessions as assigned.
- Handles telephone inquiries and takes messages.
Requires regular attendance and punctuality, i.e., employee must be at the assigned work location (which might vary depending client needs) during the scheduled shift to perform the above essential functions. Qualifications:
Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Experience in a residential setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others, and inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Requires a demonstrated ability in home management record keeping.
- Ability to mentor to residents and use positive discipline methods.
- Must have valid Texas Driver License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be meet company insurance requirements (with satisfactory MVR record); valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle.
Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. VOA TX also provides some benefits for part-time employees.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
AA/EEO/M/F/D/V Title:: Residential Monitor
Notes:: 2p-10p and 10p-6a shifts available
Starting Pay:: $10.00 per hour
Location:: Fort Worth, TX
2nd Location:: N/A
Classification:: Full-Time Hourly
Work Schedule:: Variable Shifts