McKesson Sr Director, Pharmacy Operations in Fort Worth, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Director of Specialty Pharmacy Operation is responsible for the day-to-day operations for closed-door specialty pharmacy. The Director will develop and lead the OncologyRx Care Advantage (Care Advantage) organization by effectively coordinating all activities related prescription order process and patient care. Facilitate effective communication between Care Advantage staff, patients, biopharma customers, and physicians. Coordinates and implements internal developmental programs for staff to enhance staff, patient and customer satisfaction and retention. Executing strategies and determining those areas requiring refinement and innovative change in order to accelerate profitability and growth. The Director will collaborate with existing business functions and internal departments (i.e. pharmacy operations, HUB services, purchasing, research, compliance/regulatory and clinical) to identify strategic solutions for customer challenges pharmacy and product access services. The Director will provide business performance metrics to the Vice President of Specialty Pharmacy.
• Manage and direct site operations, maintaining and improving patient and client service through quality, accuracy, volume throughput and on-time processing of prescriptions
• Assists in the development annual operating goals and budget for the department in support of the Pharmacy business plan under direction of the Vice President, Specialty Pharmacy Operations.
• Ensure department throughput rates and quality goals are achieved; identify opportunities to optimize end-to-end process flow of prescriptions orders. Develop and implement changes that will improve thru-put and overall departmental performance
• Oversee recruitment and performance reviews. Handle escalated employee issues. Actively engage in strategies to increase employee engagement, retention and satisfaction. Provide stretch learning and development opportunities to leaders in the Directors organization
• Oversee strategic and business planning for site operations by participating in planning activities company-wide, identifying project initiatives and operational issues, coordinating research and developing recommendations based on that research.
• Ensure a customer service model of excellence is established and continue to create product differentiation in support of the customer needs.
• Exercise and provide operational oversight that supports successful relationship management focus and customer growth
• Reviews and revises as necessary and coordinates the inclusion of professional standards of organizations and accrediting bodies such as URAC, ACHC, JCAHO, and OSHA into the patient service procedures. Monitors and evaluates patient and customer satisfaction
• Ensures compliance with health system policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
14+ years operational experience including 12+ years managerial experience
Minimum of twelve (12) years experience with a proven track record of successful leadership in the pharmacy operations
Operational leadership experience and team management experience
Three or more years of recent contracting, quality improvement and management experience in a healthcare environment, preferably specialty pharmacy
Knowledge of specialty pharmacy payer and manufacturer contracting
Experience in providing Clinical Services
Experience managing Profit and Loss Statement
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Advanced knowledge of Operations Management; Excellent organizational skills, excellent communication skills (verbal/written), and management skills
Oncology Pharmacy and/ or Pharmacy Benefit Management operational experience is preferred
Strategic thinker with ability to translate into operating programs
Confidence and communication maturity
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Strong business and financial acumen, and in depth critical thinking leading to sound business decisions.
Strong influencing skills and comfortable in a consensus building environment.
Established track record of consistent achievement of revenue and profit goals.
A demonstrated track record of improving operational efficiencies.
Ability to collaborate in a multi disciplinary environment
Basic level of clinical knowledge, clinical processes and clinical decision making
4-year degree or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
25% travel required
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Category: Distribution Operations