Olin Chlor Alkali Products Electrical Reliability Engineer in FREEPORT, Texas
Electrical Reliability Engineer
Electrical Reliability Engineer
Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of St. Louis-based Olin Corporation, has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer in Freeport, TX. The successful candidate will work closely with the Chlor-Alkali and Vinyl (CAV) Electrical Technology Center, Electrical Engineers, I&E Reliability Technologist and I&E Technicians to develop, implement and lead an Electrical Audit program designed to ensure compliance with industry standards and Olin’s best practices. Additionally, the successful candidate will be the Subject Matter Expert regarding Hazardous (Classified) Locations for Electrical Installations. This role will support both the Freeport, TX and Plaquemine, LA sites.
Key Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops, implements, and leads a standardized Electrical Audit process which includes field inspections, data collection, and report generation
- Measures, audits, and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective actions based on Electrical Audit findings
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert for the creation, assessment, reassessment, and revalidation of Hazardous (Classified) Locations documentation
- Through the Electrical Audit process, Reinforces compliance of Olin’s and industry Electrical Safety Standards and Practices
- Distinguishes, interprets and communicates whether industry regulations and practices are Prescriptive Regulations, Performance Regulations, Mandatory & Recommended Loss Prevention Practices (Retrofit, New, Operational), Industry Best Practices, or Reliability Best Practices
- Communicates electrical related Learning Experience Reports to leadership and I&E community
- Interfaces with CAV Electrical Technology and other Electrical SME’s to meet maintenance needs
- Participates on Olin’s Electrical Policies, Procedures, and Practices team
- Communicates Electrical Policies, Procedures, and Practices updates to leadership and I&E community
- Participates in the facilitation and implementation of Olin’s RCI process to include application of the cause and effect methodology in electrical areas where reliability opportunities are identified and where the RCI triggers are met
- Evaluates the electrical transfer reliability of switching systems (e.g. main-tie-main)
- Evaluates electrical systems to identify and eliminate single point failures
- Minimum of 6 years of applicable experience
- Good Oral & Written communications
- Strong & Effective interpersonal & leadership skills are critical
- The candidate should have a broad technical background with experience in the operation and maintenance of electrical equipment including transformers, motor control centers, switchgear, bus duct systems, field cabling, cabling support systems, motors, protective relays, VFD’s, UPS’s, etc…
- Knowledge of industry standards, regulations, and practices, specifically
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Subpart S
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart V
- NFPA 70 National Electric Code (NEC)
- NFPA 70B Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance
- NFPA 70E Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- IEEE C2 National Electrical Safety Code (NESC)
- Process Industry Practices (PIP)
- State Regulations (Texas & Louisiana)
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering (focus on Electrical Power and/or Industrial Power)
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. The chemical products produced include chlorine and caustic soda, vinyls, epoxies, chlorinated organics, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- An opportunity to make a real difference in the manufacturing industry with a small company environment that gives employees a chance to be seen, appreciated and grow in responsibility.
- A variety of jobs and career paths that will appeal to those who are drawn to a creative, energetic and open workplace environment.
Olin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/W/Vet/Disabled.