Olin Chlor Alkali Products Maintenance Engineer in FREEPORT, Texas
Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer, located in Freeport, TX.This position provides engineering support to plant issues that are impacting production over a short period of time. In this role the engineer provides technical expertise which may be equipment based or repair technique based which impacts the availability and maintainability of the facility.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques
- Facilitates and participates in root cause investigations
- Provides technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting, failures, repairs, and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions
- For equipment that is critical for the process, ensures that work requests include engineering input on repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc. If necessary provide onsite/offsite technical support for deviations from this data
- Ensures repairs, repair techniques, and equipment specific training are documented and made available
- Provides maintainability input to GPM activities
- Supports the PPM coordinator as required in reviewing spare parts lists for existing equipment
- Develops maintenance operating discipline
- Enters QSPP information into the reporting system
- Participates in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy
- As required, provides engineering input to work packages to ensure standards are followed
- During development of turnaround work provides input on development of work orders particularly on critical equipment requiring engineering review or input
- Provide equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for input into equipment purchasing requirements, evaluation of equipment performance, vendor performance, and modifications to MET level 1
- Supports the Maintenance Procedure Use Policy
- Performs technical reviews of procedures
- Serves as a technical resource during procedure creation and review
- Supports development of the “Procedure Exemption List”
- Creates/develops/changes/updates job procedures and checklists, and initiates procedure MOC’s
Education & Qualifications :
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
5+ years of experience preferred
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. The chemical products produced include chlorine and caustic soda, vinyls, epoxies, chlorinated organics, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- An opportunity to make a real difference in the manufacturing industry with a small company environment that gives employees a chance to be seen, appreciated and grow in responsibility.
- A variety of jobs and career paths that will appeal to those who are drawn to a creative, energetic and open workplace environment.
Olin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/W/Vet/Disabled.