West Suburban Medical Center Director, Data Integration in Frisco, Texas
Director, Data Integration (Job Number: 1605050815)
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
At our campus, our purpose at Conifer Health is to provide the foundation for better health – the health of our clients, the communities in which we work and serve, and most importantly each other. That is why we will be tobacco-free, meaning there will be no designated smoking areas or use of any tobacco, nicotine or smoking products on the premises.
The Director, Data Integration, has responsibility for technical systems integration strategy and delivery for Conifer’s Hospital and Physician Revenue Cycle Management solutions. The Director will lead teams of software engineers to design, construct and maintain Conifer’s set of integration solutions. The Director will leverage their leadership ability, and knowledge of Conifer’s business goals to produce cost-effective, scalable, robust technology solutions for Conifer and the clients it serves. The Director will lead data architecture reviews, strategic technology direction, and best practice development efforts while also contributing towards the modification of the physical data model for efficient data access solutions. The Director will report to the leader of Vice President of Engineering, playing a key role in constructing and managing the customer-integration solution set and data architecture/strategy for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Lead data integration strategy, development teams and projects 50%
- Work with sales, client delivery and IS leadership teams to assess and create solution approaches for new client pursuits 20%
- Work with business intelligence teams to develop data acquisition and cleansing strategy for client, operational & third party solutions 15%
- Meet with Business stake holders to gain understanding of needs and communicate delivery timelines and challenges 15%
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- No. Direct Reports 5-10
- No. Indirect Reports 20+ from outsourcing vendors such as Dell, IBM, and other third parties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leadership and management of software development teams, including performance management of all staff to include building team, mentoring and providing ongoing management on performance objectives.
- Conduct assessments of processes and standards that reduce cost, improve quality and improve time to market.
- Ability to put in place and manage an agile software development lifecycle including, estimating, issue and risk management, and reporting to leadership on project status and team velocity
- Manage the analysis, design, development and transition to operations of existing and new technical solutions through the development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong Project Management required to lead the team.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or a related field
- 10+ years in technology leadership role; 7+ years in Healthcare Information Technology (H.I.T) field
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare data integration project delivery with application integration technology such as InterSystems Ensemble, Microsoft Biztalk, etc.
- Experience leading large projects and managing people and work loads
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical effort (lift up to 35 lbs).
- Partial sedentary work.
- Regularly needs to be able to bend, stoop and reach to file.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Some travel may be required
Primary Location: TX-Frisco
Organization: 238-Conifer - Frisco, TX