West Suburban Medical Center Sr Business Analyst-Revenue Cycle in Frisco, Texas
Sr Business Analyst-Revenue Cycle (Job Number: 1605046864)
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Sr. HRCM Business Analyst is tasked with gathering operational and workflow requirements from internal and external customers. This individual will have a thorough understanding of the business processes that supports the ability to create system enhancements and the implement quality workflow automation, where applicable. The Sr. Business Analyst will lead multiple projects which include interfacing with project management, end users, senior management, product line leaders, and IS development team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Gather operational and workflow requirements from customers with a comprehensive understanding of business purpose and scope of initiatives 25%
- Lead and facilitate meetings with internal and external team members to define requirements for multiple projects interfacing with array of business stakeholders. Utilize operational and system knowledge to provide recommendations for increased efficiencies and automation through proprietary workflow system. 25%
- Identify system enhancements that will improve business processes and support future business needs. Create and/or review technical requests on behalf of business units, serving as functional and technical liaison between business units and software vendor(s). Learn new technologies and systems to advance knowledge of operations and process improvements. 20%
- Analyze and document existing business processes, incorporating relation to the information systems environment, in order to propose enhancements. Develop detailed technical design for workflow automation, and implement system changes. 15%
- Provide primary level of mentorship for new and established analysts and assist in training of system functions such as understanding critical elements of workflow, providing additional knowledge of the revenue cycle, and applying focus in educating on our internal best practices and procedures. 10%
- Complete special projects and provide project support as requested by senior leadership. 5%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Independent, logical thinker with proven ability to perform detailed data analysis and make sound decisions.
- Advanced troubleshooting abilities, with ability to problem solve complex technical issues independently within a timely fashion.
- Advanced ability to gather and analyze complex data, utilizing deductive reasoning.
- Ability to understand operational business processes, and apply technical/system knowledge.
- Must demonstrate excellent professional communication skills through clearly written, concise and comprehensive documentation; strong technical writing skills
- Must be capable of executing and publishing written requirements utilizing the business intent and goals, while providing technical details to support workflow or system development
- Ability to develop and/or present training to operations trainers and/or business users
- Advanced organizational, customer service, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, respectful of all positions at all levels
- Advanced knowledge with database query tools such as Showcase and/or AS/400
- Intermediate level skills in applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Visio
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Additional skills preferred, not required:
- Knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle
- Knowledge/experience with system design in a database environment
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of research methodology, principles and procedures
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- BA/BS Preferred or 2-3 years equivalent experience in Healthcare Revenue Cycle
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst, or in business process improvement or workflow analysis
- 2-3 years’ experience in Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Include minimum certification required to perform the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
- Includes ability to walk through hospital-based departments across broad campus settings, including Emergency Department environments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Approximately 10% travel may be required
At our campus, our purpose at Conifer Health is to provide the foundation for better health – the health of our clients, the communities in which we work and serve, and most importantly each other. That is why we will be tobacco-free, meaning there will be no designated smoking areas or use of any tobacco, nicotine or smoking products on the premises.
Primary Location: TX-Frisco
Organization: 238-Conifer - Frisco, TX