West Suburban Medical Center Strategy Manager in Frisco, Texas
Strategy Manager (Job Number: 1605050400)
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Conifer Strategy Manager will be part of a strong, driven team focused providing answers to Conifer Health Solutions’ most difficult questions. Functioning as in internal consulting team, Conifer Strategy provides insights, recommendations, and decision support to several constituents, including Conifer’s executive team (e.g., CEO, CFO) and business unit leaders (e.g. President of Physician Services, President of Hospital RCM, etc.) as well as client executives (e.g., President of Hospital Operations, Chief Business Development Officer, or SVP of Corporate Development, etc.). The manager will have the opportunity to interact with thought leaders, both internal and external, shaping the direction of what the team focuses on. To help identify and prioritize opportunities, the successful candidate will lead and perform data analysis and presentation creation for the team with information gathered through primary research (e.g., interviews, surveys, etc.) as well as through publically available sources (e.g., market reports, web research, etc.) In addition, this position will work across functional areas of client management, client delivery, operations, sales and acquisitions to help further develop and pressure-test the teams’ recommendations. This role requires comfort with a high degree of uncertainty in a stressful environment, moving at a quick pace. One week the Manager may be making a complex market-sizing model in excel, the next attending a start-up event in San Francisco, and the following presenting recommendations to a hospital CEO. The successful candidate has a very broad range of talents and is excited about the unknown while at the same time being logical and data driven. Finally, this candidate must be an emerging leader with demonstrated success directing the work of others as well as coaching and motivating newer team members to deliver excellent product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Direct, motivate, and coach Strategy Analysts and Sr. Analysts, as well as others throughout the Conifer organization, to perform complex analysis and deliver accurate, insightful, and professional recommendations. Prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize clinical, financial, and operational data to form data-driven strategic insights and help inform business strategy
- Spearhead special projects, structure the work, manage the process, drive the right set of analyses, and present the answer to senior executives through a compelling storyline
- Create presentations to convey findings in a cohesive story, including summarizing insights from analysis, identifying next steps, and developing implementation plans
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Direct Reports None to start but Strategy Analyst(s) may be added later
- Indirect Reports Varies with assignment but may indirectly supervise the work of 1-2 Strategy Analysts or similar
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess the emerging skills of a leader of other high caliber team members, being able to direct, motivate, and coach Strategy Analysts and Sr. Analysts, as well as others throughout the Conifer organization
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and seek guidance as needed to clarify assignments or request for information.
- Must be responsive to team and client requests; working calmly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication, customer service and time-management skills
- Understand and be energized by trends emerging in the healthcare space
- Analytical and problem solving skills: Strong quantitative background; ability to think creatively and test hypotheses in complex situations; detailed knowledge of financial statements and their interrelationships; ability to create financial and operational models to drive towards answers, extensive knowledge of data manipulation using tools such as Microsoft Excel and Access
- Presentation and communication skills: able to synthesize ambiguous data into concrete insights and communicate findings in PowerPoint and Word and present in person and via phone to senior team members and client executives.
- Must be a team player - Always willing to help in whatever way possible have a get stuff done attitude
- Intuitive and skilled at problem solving in anticipation of customer request
- Have the ability to make logical correlations between data points to determine if analysis is accurate
- Detail oriented, meticulous and accurate in completing tasks on time.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Engineering, one of the Natural Sciences or other another quantitatively rigorous field with a GPA of 3.5 or greater
- 4+ years of experience in the US healthcare space with a focus on provider or payor revenue cycle accumulated while working in a demanding consulting, corporate strategy, or financial analyst role
- A Master’s Degree, such as an MHA or MBA with a focus on healthcare, may be considered as a substitute for a portion of the required 4+ years of suitable work experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position and use computer
- Must be able to travel frequently by car or plane to various work locations throughout the US
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- Home Work Environment
- Client locations, including hospitals or regional offices, located throughout the US
- Approximately 20-60% travel may be required
Primary Location: TX-Frisco
Organization: 238-Conifer - Frisco, TX