Progress Rail Services Corp. Global Customer Service Representative in Ft. Worth, Texas
Auto req ID: 1127BR
Posting Title: Global Customer Service Representative
City: Ft. Worth
Progress Rail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a total solutions provider of rolling stock and infrastructure products and services. We are a premier employer within the global rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With headquarters in Albertville, AL, more than 8,000 employees serve customers through a network of close to 200 worldwide locations, and as one of the most trusted providers of locomotive, freight car, transit, track and signal solutions, we are continually expanding our footprint.
Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to create value for and serve our customers with the best team.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com or follow us on twitter @Progress_Rail.
The Global Customer Service Representative is a critical component of the Aftermarket Service team. Each Representative provides commercial oversight and administration of customer orders placed for Progress Rail Locomotive products sold to Railroads, Marine Propulsion, Offshore and Land-based oil well drilling rigs, and Stationary Power Generation markets.
Key Job Elements
• Work with Account Managers to support timely and accurate booking of customers;
• Be the point of contact for customers in regards to order entry, order status, part number pricing and material availability;
• Perform regular data entry and maintenance regarding orders;
• Serve as a customer advocate while participating in internal order status reviews;
• Identify process issues and participate in the development and implementation of process improvements;
• Support the growth initiatives of the business;
• Own and resolve customer account issues to complete resolution;
• Work with Supply Chain Buyer/Planners to resolve material issues, provide accurate answers to ensure on-time delivery to customers;
• Support internal customers' needs on order status updates and issue resolution;
• Track and manage expedites, order entry cycle time and order entry accuracy to meet operational metrics;
• Make use of problem solving/decision making skills to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction;
• Understanding of and the ability to apply International shipping terms as well as International payment methods.
Education / Training
• Bachelors degree - Business.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experienced computer user - MS Office suite, SAP etc.;
• Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills;
• Detailed, accurate and able to set priorities among competing demands;
• Self-starter, dependable and efficient;
• Focused and responsive to deadlines.
• Bachelors degree - Marketing focus;
• Six Sigma/Lean experience;
• Some inside/outside sales or customer service experience;
• Project Management experience.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled