The University of Texas Medical Branch Grants Administrator - Microbiology And Immunology in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five years related experience in research financial management
Job Description The Grants Administrator serves as the primary source of expertise, training, and education in matters relating to government regulation of externally funded research to all research faculty and staff on behalf of Department Administration
From $58,320 To $87,480 Annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay code band: CS22.
Specific Job Related Duties
- The grants administrator edits, prepares and submits all electronic proposals on behalf of the department’s researchers.
- Disseminates funding opportunity information to Principal Investigators and routinely matches researchers with funding possibilities in their areas of expertise.
- Advises investigators regarding grant applications deadlines.
- Serves as a liaison between investigators and departments relating to research activities both nationally and at UTMB.
- Reviews completed applications and contracts for accuracy and compliance with the requirements of the University and funding agency.
- Develops and maintains research budget proposals for grant preparation.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on proposed budget changes in order to determine whether such changes are permissible under the terms of the grants or contracts.
- Edits draft grant/contract proposals to ensure correct use of language.
- Formats grant/contract proposals as necessary.
- Develops digital images for inclusion in grant/contract proposals as required.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related duties as required
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Grants Administrator - Microbiology And Immunology
Job ID: 52696
Business Unit: SOMED