The University of Texas Medical Branch Patient Transporter - Hospital Transportation Services (Galveston) in Galveston, Texas
High school graduate or equivalent and six months of hospital or relevant experience required. Must obtain CPR certification within three months of hire.
Assist patients by transporting them into, around, and out of the health care organization.
The salary range for this position is from $20,720/yr - $31,080/yr commensurate with experience.
This pay band for this position is CS11
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate caring and cultural sensitivity, comforts patients and their families by offering support encouragement being punctual and attentive to procedures schedules.
- Transports patients by assisting patients in and out of taxis, cars, and; lifting patients on and off beds; moving them to and from special service and treatment areas, using wheelchairs, stretchers or moveable beds.
- Cleans patient transport equipment before and after each use.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics and assistant devices when assisting patients.
- Transports laboratory specimens by picking-up specimens and delivering them to specified laboratory.
- Transports deceased patients by following protocols and delivering them to the mortuary.
- Transports equipment and supplies by picking-up requisitioned orders; delivering them to assigned treatment areas and patient care areas.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements.
- When assisting the dispatcher, serves as shift leader in the absence of a supervisor/manager.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Patient Transporter - Hospital Transportation Services (Galveston)
Job ID: 56012
Business Unit: HOSPT