The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Contracts Analyst - Research Services in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and three years related experience
Negotiates standard extramurally funded agreements and / or issues subcontracts to subrecipient partners on behalf of University, with support from UT System¿s Office of General Counsel and OSP management, to ensure compliance with University and UT System policies and procedures and meet sponsor¿s requirements and deadlines.
Department Marketing Statement
In our commitment to the generation, dissemination and application of knowledge to improve the health of society, UTMB's Research Services supports and promotes institutional excellence in research by providing services that enable UTMB research faculty to enhance competitiveness in obtaining external funding. Services are provided throughout Research Services by Sponsored Programs, Research Education, Research Compliance and Reporting, Research Subject Protections, Animal Resources Center, and Research Technology Support.
From $44,800.00 To $55,501.00 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band: CS14
Specific Job Related Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures all contracts and subrecipient agreements are in conformity with institutional and UT System’s guidelines and the laws of the State of Texas
- Drafts, issues, and negotiates all outgoing subrecipient agreements in accordance with sponsor and institutional requirements
- Assists department in issuing a requisition for a blanket purchase order to render payments to subrecipients that ensures proper F&A; collection for the University and PeopleSoft coding for future indirect cost rate negotiations with federal government
- Prepares private industry budget loads for Project Set-Up in PeopleSoft
- Resolves contractual and budget problems between sponsor, principal investigator and University
- Interacts with UT System’s Office of General Counsel and sponsor’s attorney regarding any non-standard language to resolve agreement issues
- Reviews study requirements, analyzes needs & modifies standard agreement formats and other pertinent agreement attachments
- Keeps abreast of and incorporates new contract language associated with federal, state, and institutional laws and regulations i.e. HIPAA, Debarment, and Conflict of Interest
- Provides support to principal investigator in resolution of issues related to agreements. This task includes, but is not limited to, serving as a resource to principal investigator, providing expertise, and offering the benefit of professional development training/education in research administration
- Processes all amendment and /or modifications and resolves any issues related to execution of changes
- Ensures all institutional approvals are in place as required by sponsors for issues such as human subjects use, animal use, biohazard materials, recombinant DNA, etc.
- Ensures application of the correct F&A; rate, where appropriate
- Attends workshops/conferences and reads newsletters/bulletins as part of a continuing education process.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs related duties as required.
- Standard office equipment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/LOCATION OF POSITION:
- Standard office environment
- Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Research Contracts Analyst - Research Services
Job ID: 52623
Business Unit: RSRCH