The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Nurse IV - Surgery-Burn - Shrine - Resear in Galveston, Texas
Registered Nurse plus seven years of professional nursing experience in direct patient care or research in approved specialty area. Licensed by the State of Texas to practice as a Registered Nurse.
Implements advanced clinical protocol management via the study requirements within the University; proficiently performs nursing process, including assessment, planning, evaluation, and intervention; safeguards the rights and well being of the study participant. This role also provides general operational support and administrative duties related to clinical activities for research study
$58,640 to $84,295 per year
Specific Job Related Duties
This Research Nurse will support the Department of Surgery's clinical research program on rehabilitation from burn injury.
- May supervise preparation of all IRB and Regulatory Documents; under direction of PI may draft various communications with Sponsor.
- May attend and participate in the Investigator meeting and in pre-site and site initiation visits.
- Reviews goals and requirements of any new protocols; plans and designs source documentation for protocol; and adheres to protocol.
- Assesses staffing needs based upon current research activity and implements changes in staffing as needed.
- Organizes and facilitates assisting PI in obtaining Informed Consent from study participant and documents appropriately.
- Supports ongoing recruitment of patient subjects for clinical research; may organize and facilitate study participant recruitment and enrollment; monitors enrollment goals; mentors all clinical research personnel regarding enrollment/ recruitment.
- Performs proficient physical, pathophysiological, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, learning needs, and/or age-appropriate nursing assessment of participants.
- Completes accurate, concise, and legible documentation on all participant records and other source documentation and forms per protocol, i.e. maintaining drug documentation, reconciling study drug accountability.
- Conducts in-service to floor nurses and physicians and proficiently serves as a resource to clinical staff.
- Assists PI in budget development; may monitor ledgers; maintains supply inventory and equipment and ensures return of test article /clinical supplies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Research Nurse IV - Surgery-Burn - Shrine - Resear
Job ID: 52716
Business Unit: SOMED