The University of Texas Medical Branch RN Sr. Risk Mgmt Specialist - Quality Management (Galveston) in Galveston, Texas
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
RN with Master’s degree in Nursing or healthcare related field. Five (5) years clinical experience required which includes three (3) years of progressive leadership experience or related experience in risk management. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas. Specialty certification in Risk Management required.
To assist the Director in planning, coordinating and evaluating all activities associated with the Risk Management Department. To provide technical support in protecting UTMB, its patients and staff from losses related to illness, injury or death sustained in the direct patient care area. Provides support to the clinical Risk Management programs, clinical issues, device and equipment, incident management and claims/lawsuits.
The salary range for this position is $69,231/yr - $110,769/yr commensurate with experience.
The pay band for this position is CS23
Specific Job Related Duties
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: *
- Administrative liaison for Risk Management issues.
- Coordinate and manage risk management activities for the UTMB clinical enterprise.
- Serve as a resource to faculty and staff regarding risk management issues.
- Provide both informal and formal education on risk related topics.
- Collect, evaluate and maintain data concerning risk issues including online occurrence reports.
- Actively participates in committees related to risk management, safety and quality improvement.
- Provide support to clinical risk management programs for device and equipment, incident management and claims/lawsuits.
- Investigates or delegates any patient care and /or administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with directors, mangers, physicians and staff to ensure high employee morale and professional environment.
- Represents UTMB in its relationships with other health organizations, professional organizations, government and accrediting agencies.
- Provides support to staff during the development, implementation, and utilization of information systems that impact the departments scope of work.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Reviews and recommends patient safety/risk management improvement opportunities based on department goals, system goals, and national benchmarking metrics.
- Facilitates an effective and efficient workflow process of the Risk Management staff and ensures completion of all assignments.
- Serves as a resource and subject matter expert (SME) for the staff in the Risk Management department while supporting and actualizing the goals of the department, service, hospital, and university.
- Achieves performance outcomes through engagement of the staff.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest healthcare trends and developments.
- Works closely with the Director to project and prepare annual operating budgets.
- Assists with the development of strategic plans for Risk Management department
- Assists with the development and implementation of an annual operational plan for the Risk Management department, based on short and long range strategic plans, and institutional and departmental goals/objectives.
- Assists in the evaluation and documentation of goal achievements, issues and recommendations.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Quality management/process improvement specialty certification required
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: RN Sr. Risk Mgmt Specialist - Quality Management (Galveston)
Job ID: 52675
Business Unit: HOSPT