The University of Texas Medical Branch Senior Library Assistant - Medical Branch Library in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent and one year related experience. Requires working knowledge of library operations and personal computer systems, including Microsoft Office products. Strong communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
To provide specialized library support toward the fulfillment of the library’s mission within a particular unit of the library. Requires operational skills and detailed knowledge of the library, online testing and computer skills.
From $26,960.00 To $33,700.00 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS12.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Provides friendly and effective customer service to library patrons (UTMB students, faculty and staff)
- Assists with the closing procedures of library facilities
- Possesses outstanding punctuality and dependability
- Assists with interlibrary loan, by scanning materials and performing basic functions in ILL software
- Uses library tools and databases at a basic level
- Handles cash and credit card transactions
Monday - Thursday: 3:15pm to 12:15am
Friday: 12:00 (Noon) to 9:00pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Library Assistant - Medical Branch Library
Job ID: 52707
Business Unit: ACDVP