Sprint Production Manager in Garland, Texas
Oversees logistics issues including supply chain services, inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling and warehousing. Evaluates customer support and field service commitments to ensure customer requirements are met. Determines strategy for logistics plans, procedures and budgets to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints. Provides financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories. Exhibits thorough understanding of international Letters of Credit and other forms of banking documents and international shipments. Interacts with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Sales, and Finance, and Product Development personnel to optimize systems and procedures. Responsible for planning and implementing activities related to material purchase, material control, inventory control, and warehouse management for multiple company logistic centers. Develops metrics to manage inventory levels and reduction efforts. Oversees and manages all logistics activities and related systems information. Detailed knowledge of supply chain operations such as requisitioning, purchasing, and inventory management. Detailed knowledge of supply chain and logistics management practices or similar experience with wireless network build-out. Ability to manage large, complex projects impacting multiple locations. Manages the activities of individual contributors or supervisors in a section or department with accountability for goals, objectives, operational policies. May participate in the development of functional strategy. Has responsibility for hiring, termination, performance and salary decisions.
As the Production Manager you'll be responsible for total leadership, technical management, supervision and control of assemble, wire and test production processes. In addition the ideal candidate must be an effective leader with excellent communication skills, strong decision making abilities, and able to excel in fast paced, multi-tasking environment. Candidate would be responsible for overseeing a 3rd party supplier responsible for the production process.
What you will do:
- Plan and execute daily production schedule.
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control strategies.
- Reviews efficiency reports and takes corrective action for variances.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Set and achieve long range goals to impact and improve department processes and procedures.
- Analyze costs and continuously seek to improve margins
- Partner with 3rd party supplier
Monitor the production process and adjusting schedules as needed.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in Production Management.
- Experience in Supply Chain Logistics
- Flex schedule to include weekend work when needed.
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Five years experience with inventory supply chain
- Three years supervisory or management experience
- Education in Industrial Engineering
- Wireless Telecom Background
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. Sprint will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Equal opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet