Masco Corporation Production Lead in grand prairie, Texas
Milgard Windows & Doors is seeking a full-time Production Lead to join our newest manufacturing facility in Grand Prairie, Texas!
The Production Lead directs and assists in the work activities of department employees. The Lead performs a variety of manufacturing assignments, the majority of which involves filling in where needed. The Lead performs the job tasks, as needed and depending upon department, of all positions within his/her department.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee departmental activities per standard operating procedures, MPS, and Philosophy.
· Work with Shift Supervisor in the assignment and supervision of personnel in order to achieve an efficient operation at all times.
· Assists his personnel in analyzing and correcting problems encountered in job assignments in order to perform work according to standard operating procedures.
· Organize and schedule work assignments to achieve maximum efficiency and meet processing objectives.
· Incorporates Milgard’s vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to remain committed to the Milgard philosophy.
· Ensure safety of personnel and compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations
· Thorough working knowledge of all operating areas of his/her respective department
· Prior manufacturing experience in a lead role and in similar industry, preferred.
· Knowledge of distribution and delivery operations, and employee management
· High School diploma or GED
· Read, write and understand the English language
· Compute basic math problems involving fractions, addition, subtraction, division and multiplication; Possess mechanical aptitude;Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently;Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Excellent communication skills; Attention to detail with strong organizational skills;Ability to motivate personnel
· May be required to lift up to 100 lbs
· Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling
· Good hand eye coordination and the ability to discern colors
· Hand dexterity and strength
· Overtime may be required, including some weekends
· Work performed in a non-climate controlled warehouse type facility
Milgard is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. Milgard is an at-will employer.
Job Posting Category: Manufacturing
Business Unit: Milgard Manufacturing
Posting Partner: #CB, #MONS-MILGD