GameStop Director - Network Infrastructure in Grapevine, Texas
Working independently, the Network Infrastructure Director leads enterprise-level data network and telecommunication strategy, architecture, and service delivery supporting GameStop’s global businesses. Leveraging an expert knowledge of data network and telecommunication concepts and technologies, the Director leads a team of professionals responsible for planning, architectural design, development and operation of data networks and telecommunication services required to deliver necessary features, performance, and availability to support business activities. As a strategic leader responsible for business-critical infrastructure, he or she must consult frequently with various IT and business partners across the enterprise. The role interacts with a supervisor as frequently or infrequently as needed by either. All routine and most non-routine activities may be undertaken without prior supervisor authorization. The role is generally characterized by high levels of scope, technical and relational complexity, and a high level of independent decision making.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Provides network/telecommunication services vision, enables innovation and seeks to leverage technology trends that can create business value consistent with the company’s requirements and expectations
- Oversees planning, architecture and service delivery for large-scale, high volume, high-availability data and voice networks supporting corporate campuses, remote offices, data centers, large-scale websites and thousands of retail locations
- Defines and establishes Technology Infrastructure operational and strategic planning, goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for IT spending and initiatives
- Assesses and facilitates the communication of risks associated with IT architectures, procedures, staffing, and investments
- Facilitates the review of hardware and software acquisition, maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale
- Keeps current with trends and issues in the IT industry; advises, counsels and educates executives and management on their impact
- Remains abreast of emerging trends and best practices within the community of network and telecommunications professionals; seek and leverage best practices from other non-competing organizations as frequently as possible.
- Drives outstanding business results through traditional management functions including, but not limited to, sourcing and selecting talent, coaching and development, workforce and project scheduling, performance assessment, and general talent planning
- Encourages continuous improvement
- Provides consultation/expertise on complex projects and other IT activities
- Works closely with and manages strategic vendor partner relationships
- Supports a 24x7 global enterprise environment
- Accountable for both operating expense and capital budgets as assigned
- Demonstrates the behaviors expected of all GameStop leaders, including a strong bias for action and drive for results; high levels of maturity and professionalism; providing effective feedback to others, a consistently high service orientation; and commitments to diversity, a respectful workplace, and integrity
- Works collaboratively with other senior leaders throughout the IT organization to maximize department outcomes and the return on resource investments
- Builds productive relationships with business partners to achieve common goals
- Make profitable, sustainable decisions by identifying issues, problems, and opportunities; gathering and interpreting information; generating alternatives collaboratively with others; choosing an appropriate action; and aligning resources
- Builds organizational capability through continuous improvement activities; originate action to improve existing conditions and processes; identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas, and implement solutions
- Innovation and Problem Solving — Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Emotional Intelligence — Leveraging high levels of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management, capacity to manage behavior, navigate social complexities and make personal decisions to achieve positive results.
- Strategic Decision Making — Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or visions; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Executive Disposition — Demonstrating a poised, credible, and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect; conveying an image that is consistent with the organization’s vision and values.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor of Science (or academic equivalent) required, with an accredited program in general information systems, information technology, IT network and security, or comparable field of study
- At least 10 years of experience in Information Technology or advanced technology-related area with no less than 7 years in Network/Telecommunications practice, including a minimum of 3 years at the Director level or above
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expert understanding of network and telecommunications concepts, technologies, industry best practices, and related metrics
- Expert understanding of secure network design and architecture techniques
- Expert understanding of secure data network design/operation in both LAN and WAN environments involving PCI data
- Expert understanding of various data network products including firewall, VPN Concentrators, switches, routers and related management tools
- Expert understanding of WAN and WAN optimization best practices and related technologies
- Proficient understanding of wireless (WLAN) and mobile technologies
- Proficient understanding of cloud computing technologies and related networking methodologies
- Proficient understanding of unified communication technologies including VOIP and video conferencing
- Proficient understanding of layered network models
- Proficient understanding of emerging and legacy telecommunication technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English
- Expert ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Expert relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership
- Proficient presentation skills to present information to an audience of varying responsibility within the company effectively
- Expert project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proficient ability to effectively recruit, hire, coach, train, develop, retain, and redirect others as needed in order to produce a successful team
- Proficient ability to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, respectful workplace