GameStop Kitting Associate in Grapevine, Texas
The Kitting Associate works under direct supervision. The Associate properly packages refurbished gaming systems, controllers, cables and accessories, and prepares them for acceptable presentation for resale at the stores.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Ensure that gaming systems, controllers, cables and accessories are packaged according to quality and production standards.
• Maintain accurate records of activities and prepare reports for supervisors and management.
• Communicate issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or other potential loss to the company or its associates.
• Work closely with other team members to ensure that daily production and quality goals are achieved or exceeded.
• Assist in other areas of the Refurb or distribution centers as needed to ensure balanced and efficient production for all associates
• Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checking processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output
• Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
• At least 1 year of work experience required — previous experience working in a distribution center preferred
• Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs., horizontally, and from ground level to a minimum height of 4 feet
• Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, climb on ladders, and drag wooden pallets weighing up to 50 lbs
• Available to work for extended periods during high volume periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week)
• Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day, especially during seasonal periods
• Possesses the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Ability to understand and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
• Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
• Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)