GameStop MaintenanceTech II (7am until finish) in Grapevine, Texas
The Maintenance Associate III provides mid-level support to the Maintenance Department by applying predictive and preventive maintenance procedures for all facility equipment. This position analyzes, troubleshoots and communicates maintenance problems/concerns in the following areas: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, air compression and HVAC. The Maintenance Associate III works with general supervision and will interact with a supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Provide predictive/preventive maintenance on DC Equipment – conveyors, air compressors, scales, , electrical controls, etc.
• Document maintenance technical and other data on predictive/preventive maintenance charts, as required.
• Conduct welding repair duties throughout the facilities as required.
• Diagnose and repair all equipment in the Distribution, Refurbishment, and Store Support Centers including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, air compressors and HVAC repairs.
• Identify facilities issues and develop an ongoing strategy to chart trends and take appropriate remedial action from a predictive maintenance approach.
• Communicate to management all issues that could result in safety risks or those that might cause loss to GameStop or its associates.
• Work as directed in all areas of the Distribution, Refurbishment, and Store Support Centers to maintain safety and health standards for the facility.
• Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals
• Energy – Consistently maintains high levels of activity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
• Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – achievement of a satisfactory level of technical knowledge and skill in position related areas. Stays abreast of current developments and trends in all relevant technical areas.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
• Minimum of 1 year previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility or distribution center
• Formal training and/or certification through an accredited institution in at least two of the following areas: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, air compression, PLC system or HVAC trades required
• High school diploma or equivalent GED required
• Must be able to safely lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds, either in conjunction with his or her regular responsibilities or those assigned in other areas of the Refurb Center or Distribution Center as directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of business computer systems and applications — specifically, Microsoft Word , Excel and Project Management
• Working knowledge with Allen-Bradley & Siemens PLC systems preferred
• Ability to document predictive/preventive maintenance charts, technical data and other data; interpret data and provide relevant input for process improvement
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English (Bilingual in Spanish preferred)
• Working knowledge of essential math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
• Proficient knowledge of welding
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach over head with arms and hands and climb ladders; must be able to climb stairs up to three flights and not have fear of heights
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
• Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest