GameStop Manager, IT ECommerce Production Support in Grapevine, Texas
Working with general supervision, the Manager, IT Ecommerce Production Support manages multiple groups of IT resources to support GameStop store and ecommerce system. This position manages multiple groups’ deliverables, releases and engages with business stakeholders and other IT groups. In addition, this position develops and maintains new and existing systems, applications and processes to ensure quality and stability in delivery and operation of store and ecommerce systems. This position also manages groups automating application deployments throughout multiple environments. This position works under general supervision, interacting with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Partner with IT groups to ensure business requirements are accurate and complete.
• Oversee the technical and functional design, and code review of IT projects in partnership with the Development, BA, and QA teams.
• Manage a team consisting of technical leads and developers effectively.
• Provide recommendations to management, based on current and emerging technologies, on methods to reduce costs, improve performance, stability and availability, and reduce administration time for GameStop information systems.
• Ensure proper and adequate resource leveling.
• Monitor and summarize progress of groups efforts for management.
• Coach, develop, train, retrain, hire and discipline team members.
• Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
• Demonstrate a consistent commitment to field-focused service by prioritizing field-based requests, responding quickly and favorably to field-based feedback, by minimizing tasks, and proactively seeking ways to help store teams focus on customer service as productively as possible
• Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
• Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
• Model the behaviors expected of all GameStop leaders including, but not limited to, a drive for results, with a demonstrable bias for action; high levels of emotional intelligence, maturity, and professionalism; giving, receiving and responding to feedback effectively; a consistently high service orientation; and demonstrable commitments to diversity, inclusion, a respectful workplace, and integrity
• Drive outstanding business results through traditional management functions including, but not limited to, sourcing and selecting talent, coaching and development, workforce and project scheduling, performance assessment, and general talent planning
• Create a productive, collaborative work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, facilitating teamwork, recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, encouraging risk tolerance, and maintaining open communications.
• Build organizational capability through continuous improvement activities; originate action to improve existing conditions and processes; identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas, and implement solutions
• Identify, track, and report meaningful performance/progress metrics, and support the team with achieving performance goals
• Actively build the capability of others through relevant, timely balanced feedback; coaching and teaching, encouraging mentoring relationships; and using recognition and rewards to reinforce desirable behaviors
• Building a Successful Team – Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitates the completion of team goals.
• Building Partnerships – Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units or organizations to help achieve business goals.
• Communication – Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Planning and Organizing – Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field or equivalent year-for-year experience required
• At least 5-7 years of application design and development experience including Microsoft .Net and VB required
• At least 1-2 years of experience managing or supervising others required
• Experience managing a group of developers preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
• Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
• Ability to understand and apply basic software implementation methodology concepts
• Possess desire for continued development and growth
• Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English including the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to team members
• Working knowledge of local syntax SQL (Standard Query Language) programming including the ability to understand relational data models
• Working knowledge of Microsoft .Net, C#, VB, WPF and WCF technologies
• Working knowledge of Tibco technologies
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP networks
• Ability to effectively coach, develop, retain, train, hire, and discipline others in order to produce a successful team
• Knowledge of Retail Systems and processes preferred
• Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and toolsets preferred
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities