GameStop Product Return Associate - GameStop Temp - 1st Shift (6:30 am to 2:45 pm) in Grapevine, Texas
This is a 3-6 month project with an opportunity to go "temp-to-perm". The Product Return Associate receives defective returns while meeting optimum productivity, quality and safety standards at all times. The primary business outcome for this position is to process returned defective products quickly and accurately in order to repair for resale. This position works under general supervision, interacting with a Supervisor several times a day to receive guidance and feedback. Most non-routine activities will require a Supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Receive retail store defective returns and accurately record information concerning the received product.
• Identify thousands of product types quickly and accurately, and adjust receiving process accordingly.
• Correctly resolve store discrepancies and make appropriate adjustments in Warehouse Management (WM) to the inbound receipt.
• Locate received units accurately (using WM) into specific locations for further processing.
• Scan product into the WM inventory system and confirm documented returned quantities.
• Communicate any issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or anything else that would cause loss to the company or its associates.
• Work closely with the other team members to ensure that daily goals are obtained or exceeded in keeping a steady flow of product moving through the department; perform additional tasks requested by a Lead, Supervisor, or Management when needed to help achieve balance of flow.
• Prepare and move full pallets of product as needed in the refurbishment center.
• Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good judgment at all times.
• Work in a team environment in order to attain production and accuracy goals for the refurbishing department.
• Pick up and discard paper, packing/wrapping materials, empty cartons, and all trash/debris throughout the shift.
• Assigning financial commitment for the trade.
• Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Managing Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checking processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
• Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present any state required proof of age documents
• High School diploma or GED required
• Previous receiving experience working in a distribution, manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred
• Previous WM experience preferred
• Previous work experience with GameStop preferred
• Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs., horizontally, and from ground level to a minimum height of 4 feet.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, climb on ladders, and drag wooden pallets weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Must be available to work for extended periods of time during high volume periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English, including the ability to read in English. Ability to work under demanding time constraints and workflow
• Ability to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Dexterity/Ability to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
• Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest