GameStop Refurbishment Lead - Used Accessories in Grapevine, Texas
The Refurbishment Lead supports the Refurb Supervisor as the first line of leadership for associates within the Refurbishment Center. The Lead ensures that all functions within their assigned department are completed daily, on time and with minimal labor expense. Additionally, the Lead ensures that associates are well trained in order to achieve and exceed GameStop’s quality and production standards. This position supports other departments/zones as needed to achieve the overall business objectives of the refurbishment center. This position works under general supervision, interacting with a supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Most non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Lead and monitor the daily activities of associates within assigned department/area and generate reports on team performance.
• Utilize Warehouse Management system (WM) to efficiently monitor product and processes within assigned department.
• Inspect quality of associates’ work to ensure that products being processed and shipped meet GameStop’s quality standards.
• Maintain accurate production records and prepare reports for supervisors and management.
• Thoroughly train new Refurb associates with the approved operating procedures and methods as required.
• Perform associate job duties as needed.
• Coach, train, develop, retain, and redirect associates as needed in order to produce and maintain a successful team.
• Communicate any issues to management that could result in delays, safety issues, or anything else that would cause a financial loss to the company or injury or lost time for its associates.
• Consistent with the general nature of this role, work collaboratively with others throughout the Refurbishment and Distribution Centers to achieve or exceed department objectives; assist in or lead special projects as directed.
• Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good operational, loss prevention and safety judgment at all times.
• Coaching – Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
• Managing Work – Ensures that required equipment and materials are in appropriate location so that own and others’ work can be done effectively; effectively allocates own time to complete work; uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with completing work.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checks processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
• Safety Awareness – Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholds safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
• High school diploma or GED required — accredited Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
• At least 6 months of experience within a distribution or light manufacturing environment required; previous leadership experience preferred
• At least 6 months of experience directly related to the specific position/department preferred
• Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs., horizontally, and from ground level to a minimum height of 4 feet
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, climb on ladders, and drag wooden pallets weighing up to 50 lbs
• Must be able to work for extended periods of time during high volume periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
• Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
• Possesses the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
• Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook software programs and ability to operate an office computer without assistance
• Working ability to model consistently GameStop’s commitment to a respectful, diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
• Working knowledge of Warehouse Management system (WM) preferred
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities