GameStop Senior Engineer, Workday Integrations in Grapevine, Texas
Under general supervision,the Senior Engineer, Workday Integrations develops and supports GameStop Store Systems and assume responsibility for administration, documentation, support and troubleshooting of these systems. This position participates in all phases of the software implementation process including both package and custom development. Software development processes will include requirements gathering and analysis, functional design, technical design, coding, testing, implementation, and post implementation support . The engineer will interact with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Support/modity Workday integrations at a senior level
- Develop and support existing store system applications and future store system applications using Windows Presentation Foundation and Windows Communication Foundation.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain, monitor and support complex applications within the store systems environment and implement robust, maintainable solutions that meet the established business requirements.
- Establish and enforce software development best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Develop test plans and work with QA to establish test processes.
- Provide recommendation to management, based on current and emerging technologies, on methods to reduce costs, improve performance and availability, and reduce administration time for GameStop store information systems.
- Research, test, and apply all applicable patches.
- Collaboration — Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Navigating Complexity — Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicating complicated information simply.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related degree required
- At least 5 years of Agile software development experience preferred
- At least 2 years Workday experience preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient or expert knowledge on related technical skill sets and technologies including but not limited to .NET framework 3.5/4.0, C#, ASP.NET, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation, Visio, TFS, REST, XSLT, SQL Server, and Agile Development Methodologies.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient local syntax SQL (Standard Query Language) skills with the ability to understand relational data models
- Working knowledge of web services and SOAP
- Ability to understand and apply basic software implementation methodology concepts
- Working knowledge of effective problem solving and identifying innovative solutions, including new products
- Proficient analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate existing or proposed new solutions for potential flaws or improvement opportunities – including alignment to departmental goals and standards
- Working ability to navigate complex environments and work with interdisciplinary teams and effectively communicate priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to management
- Demonstrated solutions development ability, including innovative thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to execute quickly while maintaining high quality expectations
- Proficient organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple, overlapping, and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proficient knowledge of services design patterns, principles, and practices
- Working Knowledge of Retail Systems and processes preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and support scalable services technologies with strict SLA’s and high throughput
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Proficient ability to work collaboratively with others; conduct working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated ability to model customer-focused behaviors leading to outstanding customer experiences
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities