GameStop Senior Manager, Internal Controls in Grapevine, Texas
The Internal Controls Senior Manager will be a senior member of the Global Internal Controls team focused on risk and controls both domestically and internationally. The position will lead the assessment, evaluation and remediation for the domestic and international team within the global internal control environment. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, ability to recognize risks and control gaps, work independently and interact with all levels of management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Function as a global internal controls expert and leader in a highly visible role operating in a dynamic business environment.
• Assist Internal Controls Director with developing an internal controls department, including hiring, training and managing resources for the Domestic and International teams
• Lead development, implementation and transition of global internal controls testing from Internal Audit to Internal Controls team.
• Analyze the risks and the design of controls around key business processes and provide fundamental guidance on the control environment to the organization.
• Provide process excellence knowledge, including training, to control owners and control managers.
• Lead control deficiency analysis and development of remediation plans (including root cause analysis). Ability to recognize themes and trends across the global organization.
• Maintain awareness of current and emerging issues related to internal controls and internal audit, including but not limited to, IT, e-business, regulatory and accounting changes, etc.
• Lead meetings with management in communicating initiatives, internal control findings and recommendations and various other matters as deemed necessary.
• Identify and drive standardization of controls and other enterprise-wide opportunities.
• Recognize and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions including improving operations, reducing cost and enhancing contributions of the internal controls team.
• Assist with special projects as assigned by management, including but not limited to, risk and internal control implications for acquisitions, new technology and new business initiatives. Specifically as it relates to acquisitions, function as an internal controls expert as a part of the due diligence team.
• Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships and work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other internal functions, external audit and other professional service providers.
• Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers.
• Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
• Seek to continually enhance contributions to the team and to the Company.
• Managing Work — Identifies and prioritizes activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate; ensures that required equipment and materials are in appropriate location so that own and others’ work can be done effectively; effectively allocates own time to complete work; leverages individuals, processes, departments, and tools to complete work efficiently; uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with completing work.
• Quality Orientation — Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately verifies processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills — Achieves a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; staying current of developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Adaptability — Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a degree in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance, or related field) required — related graduate degree, certification (CPA, CIA or similar) is required.
• Expert in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or similar work required with at least 6 to 8 years of full-time experience — retail experience preferred.
• Public accounting (Big 4) experience is required.
• Must be able to travel 10% to 15% domestically and internationally, as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Expert knowledge of GAAP, auditing standards and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Working knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
• Expert as the Senior Manager with development, implementation and transition of domestic and international internal controls testing from Internal Audit to Internal Controls team
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Proficient ability to assess the effectiveness of internal controls over key risks; identify, collect , analyze and evaluate significant exposures and other management information; detect changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness; demonstrated ability to conclude and develop appropriate, related recommendations for management.
• Working understanding of project planning and implementation, including the ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities.
• Working knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Working ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English. Ability to speak other languages is a plus.
• Ability to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace.
• Ability to understand and comply with GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct.
• Skill in conducting quality control reviews of work products.
• Ability to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.