GameStop Senior Operator in Grapevine, Texas
- Provide for continuous monitoring of systems, processes, and job schedules in the IT production environment.
- Provide 1st level problem resolution support for system/job errors, communication failures, hardware failures, & other processing anomalies.
- Record details of issues, and as necessary, escalate appropriately to support groups & defined levels of management.
- Produce a written Turnover Log and Handoff of shift events.
- Perform scheduled and special requests for Jobs, Backups, Restores, and Media.
- Produce and maintain procedures and documentation.
- Provide access security for computer room by ensuring all sign-in sheets and logs are maintained.
- Attend meetings as a representative of our department.
- Work on projects as assigned by Operations Management.
- Provide leadership and decisiveness when called upon to help alleviate crisis situations or when there is no Operations Management available.
- Produce a weekly handoff report detailing the status of all projects as well as notes for the proper and efficient handoff from one end of the week to the other.
- Train Staff.
- Communicate and effectively work with vendors.
- Install and Decommission equipment and monitor the Data Center environment.
- Potential “on-call” duties if defined as necessary.