GameStop Software Associate in Grapevine, Texas
The Software Associate ensures that all software is ready for processing and that optimum quality, production, and repair needs are met at all times. In addition, this position may support other departments/zones, as needed, to achieve the overall business objectives of the Refurbishment Operations Center. This position works under general supervision, interacting with a Supervisor several times a day to receive guidance and feedback. Most non-routine activities will require a Supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Inspect software quality to ensure that products being processed and shipped meet GameStop’s quality standards. Responsible for proper kitting and stickering of software product.
• Diagnose and repair video game software which may require several types of fixes using refurbishing and mechanical equipment.
• Verify that all software repair equipment is in proper working order and immediately report any malfunction issues to the Lead or Supervisor.
• Ensure daily, weekly, monthly departmental production/accuracy/efficiency goals are accomplished.
• Accurately record all production/accuracy documentation.
• Ensure work area remains clean and free of trash/debris throughout work shift, including removal of paper, packing/wrapping materials, empty cartons, etc. in an effort to maintain a safe working environment.
• Communicate all issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause a loss to the company or its associates.
• Consistent with the general nature of this role, work collaboratively with others throughout the Refurbishment Operations Center to achieve or exceed department objectives.
• Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good operational, loss prevention and safety judgment at all times.
• Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Energy – Consistently maintains high levels of activity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
• High school diploma or GED required
• Previous experience working in a refurbishing or manufacturing center preferred
• Must be available to work extended shifts during high volume periods (up to 8 hours per day, 6 or 7 days a week)
• Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day, especially during seasonal periods
• Must be able to safely lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds, either in conjunction with his or her regular responsibilities or those assigned in other areas of the Refurb Center as directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Ability to work under demanding time constraints and workflow
• Dexterity/Ability to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, soldering equipment, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical production equipment without assistance.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English (Bilingual in Spanish preferred)
• Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Must be able to bend, stoop, reach over head with arms and hands and climb ladders; must be able to climb stairs up to three flights and not have fear of heights
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
• Ability to comprehend and adhere to all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance and scheduling requirements, honesty and integrity, confidentiality, safety, and conflict of interest