GameStop Software Quality Tester in Grapevine, Texas
The Software Quality Tester evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures. The primary business outcome is to ensure that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. The associate will likely interact with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Ensure the success of quality assurance testing for assigned projects by designing and executing test plans that incorporate test conditions and test cases that deliver expected results.
- Incorporate a thorough understanding of business requirements, functional specifications, and technical designs into testing system solutions.
- Create and/or collect all required documentation and ensure that standard project deliverables are updated using the current testing tools.
- Identify and document test cases based on requirements and solution design.
- Execute the testing portion of all project plans and manage the effectiveness of project testing; clarify accountabilities and expectations for the testing team.
- Collaborate with project team members to quickly identify and resolve problems, risks and issues.
- Adhere to established testing methodology and effectively leverage tools that support the methodology; identify and evaluate automated testing tools.
- Identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and resource conflicts throughout all phases of testing and provides updates to the QA Manager in a timely manner, as directed.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma or GED required; accredited Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or other technically related field preferred
- At least 2 years of QA experience in a retail environment preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Understands the effects of enhancements tested on downstream processes
- Proficient ability to understand and execute test scripts and automated testing solutions
- Knowledge of the software life cycle
- Ability to create and execute test scripts against technical requirements and general regression testing
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English including the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to team members
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Proficiency with Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook, Project and Word
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities