GameStop Sr. Software Engineer - SaaS (Integration) in Grapevine, Texas
Under general supervision, the Senior SaaS Engineer develops and supports IT applications that are being delivered on a Software as a Service basis. Software development processes include requirements gathering and data analysis, functional and technical design, integration, testing, implementation, and post implementation support.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Develop and support existing and future applications.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain, monitor and support complex applications within the corporate systems environment and implement robust, maintainable solutions that meet the established business requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical and project documentation.
- Provide recommendations to management, based on current and emerging technologies, on methods to reduce costs, improve performance and availability, and reduce administration time for GameStop.
- Collaboration — Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Navigating Complexity — Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicating complicated information simply.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field required
- At least 5-8 years of application analysis and integration, design, development and maintenance experience that includes experience integrating and supporting SaaS applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient knowledge of object-oriented design and development principles – custom development in Java, C++, C# or other object oriented languages
- Proficient SQL skills with the ability to understand relational, flat, and hierarchical models
- Prior scripting language experience
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Ability to understand and apply basic software implementation methodology concepts
- Working knowledge of effective problem solving and identifying innovative solutions, including new products
- Proficient analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate existing or proposed new solutions for potential flaws or improvement opportunities – including alignment to departmental goals and standards
- Working ability to navigate complex environments, work with interdisciplinary teams and effectively communicate priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to management
- Demonstrated solutions development ability, including innovative thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to execute ideas quickly while maintaining high quality expectations
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills using spoken English, including the ability to explain complex ideas to others with varying levels of expertise throughout the organization and with potential business partners
- Proficient ability to remain highly effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities