GameStop Staff Accountant in Grapevine, Texas
Working independently, the Staff Accountant performs various accounting duties including accounting for freight and supply invoices, analyzing store and field expenses, the prepararation of various monthly reports, month-end close responsibilities and assisting with additional projects as needed. An associate in this position may interact with his or her supervisor as needed by either. Most activities can be completed without a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
• Prepare journal entries for the month-end close process for various expenses.
• Complete various account reconciliations after each month-end close.
• Calculate and post accruals when needed for budget requirements.
• Analyze and maintain general ledger store/field expenses each month to identify abnormal charges and make necessary adjustments during the fiscal month.
• Account for freight and supplies on a weekly basis; effectively communicate with Logistics and Warehouse
• Identify potential savings or billing discrepancies with extensive follow-up in a deadline and detail oriented environment.
• Assist in special projects and reports as needed.
• Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
• Information Monitoring: Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it
• Managing Work: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Technical and/or Professional Knowledge and Skills: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• Associate’s degree or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred
• Two or more years of general accounting experience preferred
• Proficient knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Proficient ability to operate a 10-key pad by touch
• Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
• Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities