CB&I Insulator in Gregory, Texas
Location: United States-Texas-Gregory
Apply, remove, and repair insulation on equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, hot and cold pipes, storage tanks and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Reads and interprets blue prints, instructions, and other documentation or plan work activities.
- Determines the amounts and selects required insulation material (in sheet, tubular, or roll form), such as fiberglass, foam rubber, Styrofoam, cork, or urethane, based on material's ability to retain heat, location, surface, shape, and equipment use.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
- Covers or seals insulation with preformed plastic covers, canvas strips, sealant, or tape to secure insulation to structure, according to type of insulation used and structure covered, using staple gun, trowel, paintbrush, or caulking gun.
- Follows all hazardous waste handling guidelines.
- May remove or seal off old asbestos insulation, following safety procedures.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Work at heights without fear.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Insulator
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 1:04:20 PM
Requisition ID: 1616681