CB&I Insulator in Gregory, Texas
Location: United States-Texas-Gregory
Journeyman - Typically 3 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
Certified Journeyman - Requires attainment of NCCER certifications written and/or practical.
Leadman - Provides leadership, instruction, and guidance to other craft workers in work crew, providing assistance to Foreman, while working in the capacity of a journeyman.
Apply, remove, and repair insulation onequipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, hot and cold pipes, storage tanks and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Reads and interprets blue prints, instructions, and other documentation or plan work activities.
- Determines the amounts and selects required insulation material (in sheet, tubular, or roll form), such as fiberglass, foam rubber, Styrofoam, cork, or urethane, based on material's ability to retain heat, location, surface, shape, and equipment use.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
- Covers or seals insulation with preformed plastic covers, canvas strips, sealant, or tape to secure insulation to structure, according to type of insulation used and structure covered, using staple gun, trowel, paintbrush, or caulking gun.
- Follows all hazardous waste handling guidelines.
- May remove or seal off old asbestos insulation, following safety procedures.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Work at heights without fear.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 70% Walking 20% Sitting 10%
b. Lifting 50 lb.
Carrying 50 lb.
Pushing 70 ft-lb.
Pulling 70 ft-lb.
2. Climbing F
3. Stooping F
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)
F Frequently (34-66%)
C Constantly (67-100%)
Job Field: Insulator
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 1:30:12 PM
Requisition ID: 1615644