CB&I Leadman in Gregory, Texas
Location: United States-Texas-Gregory
Journeyman -At least 4 years of documented field experience in chosen craft discipline and have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation and plan and perform work activities alone.
Leadman -Provides leadership, instruction, and guidance to other craftsman in work crew, to provide assistance to Foreman, while working in the capacity of a journeyman.
Machinist, First-Class Machinist; General Machinist
Sets up and operates conventional, special-purpose, and numerical control (Nc) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining [Lay-Out Worker (machine shop) 600.281-018].
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- May install machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- May operate welding equipment to cut or weld parts.
- May develop specifications from general description and draw sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- May confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- May specialize in setting up and operating Nc machines and machining centers and be designated Numerical Control Machine Machinist (machine shop); or set up and operate Nc machines linked to automated storage, retrieval, and moving devices and be designated Flexible Machining System Machinist (machine shop).
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties and activities as required.
- Performing only those jobs on which they have been trained and/or authorized.
- Working in accordance with safe job practices and complying with company safety rules
- Using required personal protective equipment
- Reporting unsafe conditions or practices
- Making safety suggestions
- Serving on the safety committee if requested
- Cooperating during investigation of any accidents that occur
- Taking an active part and participating in safety meetings, pre-job safety briefings, task hazard analyses and Job Safety Analyses.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and previous years of related experience. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under minimum supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor.
a. Standing C
b. Lifting (lbs)
- 0-10 C
- 10-25 F
- 25-50 O
- 0-10 C
- 10-25 F
- 25-50 O
c. Pushing F
2. Climbing O
3. Bending F
4. Crouching F
5. Reaching C
6. Vision C
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)F Frequently (34-66%)C Constantly (67-100%)
Job Field: Miscellaneous
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 1:08:44 PM
Requisition ID: 1615650