CB&I Painter in Gregory, Texas
Location: United States-Texas-Gregory
Paintwalls, equipment, buildings, bridges, and other structural surfaces, usingbrushes, rollers, and spray guns. May remove old paint to prepare surface priorto painting. May mix colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths ormasking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.- Selects and mixes coating additives to thin or promote drying and adhesion.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints withcaulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Uses high air-pressure sandblastingequipment, chemical application, chipping hammer, power tools and otherabrasives to remove rust, grease, dirt, concrete, and old paint prior to paintapplication.
- Apply primers or sealers to preparesurfaces, such as bare wood, metal, piping, fixtures, structures and equipmentfor finish coats.
- Selects paint according to companycolor scheme and specifications.
- Apply paint, stain, varnish, enamel,and other finishes to heavy equipment, buildings, bridges, and/or otherstructures, using brushes, spray guns, sandblasting equipment, or rollers. Mayuse epoxy, latex or enamel coatings.
- Calculate amounts of requiredmaterials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements and/or work orders.
- Read work orders or receiveinstructions from supervisors or homeowners in order to determine workrequirements.
- Disassembles paint and sandblastingequipment and cleans equipment, using solvent, wire brushes, and dry cloth.
- Erect scaffolding and swing gates, orset up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil,turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots toensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Mix and match colors of paint, stain,or varnish with oil and thinning and drying additives in order to obtaindesired colors and consistencies
- Respiratory protection is common andrequired in many applications.
- Responsible for observing andcomplying with all safety and project rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
- May require a high school diploma orits equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a relatedarea.
- Has knowledge of commonly-usedconcepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions andpre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typicallyrequire exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor ormanager.
- Has knowledge of applicationtechniques.
- Work within precise limits orstandards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solveproblems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in thesize, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Visualize objects in three dimensionsfrom plans and drawings.
- Make decisions based on measurablecriteria.
- Work at heights without fear.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
Lifting (lbs) 9 Carrying (lbs) 9
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is aleading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. Withover 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees,CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaininga relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. Ourcomplete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry.CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products ourcustomers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better costand schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s mostcomplete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects inthe world.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model isunmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the majorservices and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined projectdelivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model givesCB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us toserve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Painter/Blaster
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2016, 10:17:38 AM
Requisition ID: 1616706