West Suburban Medical Center REP, PSC LEAD/ Valley Baptist Clearance Center/8am-5pm/ Harlingen TX in Harlingen, Texas
REP, PSC LEAD/ Valley Baptist Clearance Center/8am-5pm/ Harlingen TX (Job Number: 1605048029)
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 600 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers—hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers—to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Conifer Health Solutions is currently hiring for a Lead Patient Service Center Representative!
The Patient Services Center Lead Representative demonstrates knowledge of departmental financial clearance and displays leadership skills to lead a wide range of duties in support of departmental efficiencies which may include but not limited to performing all the responsibilities of a financial clearance representative, drive team performance accountability, leads operations in the absence of supervisor, collaborates with Department leaders in process and operational excellence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Ability to work in multiple systems, support multiple facilities, and if applicable support other financial clearance teams
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment required
- Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology required
- Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements required
- Understanding of Compliance standards required
- Must be able to perform essential job duties with at least two Patient Service Center teams
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy
- Must be able to appropriately interpret physician orders, medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining Conifer Standards of Care.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- 2-4 years of experience in healthcare industry preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in a call center environment
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college coursework is preferred
Primary Location: TX-Harlingen