Burlington Stores, Inc. Sportswear Associate in Harlingen, Texas
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retail stores in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Retail Sales Associate! Are you an outgoing, upbeat, people person with great organizational skills? Would you thrive in a high-energy environment where associates work together to drive results? Is it important to you to make a difference in the community where you live and work? If you answered yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Retail Sales Associates are important ambassadors of the Burlington brand, at the front lines in our mission to provide world-class service to our customers. You’ll be responsible for greeting and assisting customers, maintaining a neat, organized and clean sales floor, and supporting the management team with day-to-day store operations. Retail Sales Associates may be assigned to work in any or all of the following departments: Ladies, Men, Youth, Sportswear, Shoes, Home, or Baby Depot.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: As part of the sales team, the Sales Associate will assist in the execution of merchandising and operational functions to Company Standards. This individual will provide outstanding customer service to our customers, drive the sales and profitability of the store, and safeguard company assets. FOCUS OF POSITION:
- Positively demonstrate the company's Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Provide a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock
- Aid customers in locating merchandise
- Communicate customer requests to management
- Assist in completing price changes as a member of the mark-down team
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise
Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to maintain consistent merchandising standards
- Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage, flexible hours, and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of training and development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. Our store teams work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Location: Harlingen, TX
Address: 2721 W Expressway 83
Requisition ID: 855-1075134
Posting Date: 10/17/2016