Texas Health Resources Admissions Specialist in HEB, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist HEB in Bedford is currently seeking a Full-Time Admissions Specialist. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
*YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR A TWO WEEK TRAINING PERIOD M-F 8-5
This position is located in the Emergency Room. It is a fast paced environment and requires quick thinking when dealing with emergency situations. In this role the admissions specialist will be exposed to various clinical emergencies as patients arrive to the ER. Please be advised that the majority of the shift is spent on your feet as you register patients.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital HEB
High School diploma or equivalent
• 1+ year’s related experience required.
• Requires good written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
• Requires knowledge of general office equipment
• PC’s and associated software packages.
• Medical Insurance Verification
• 1-2 years of hospital clerical, general clerical or Certificate of Achievement in clerical or business related course.
• Experience in physician's office
• CHAA (certified health care admissions assoc preferred)
• Strong Computer Knowledge Base
* Scheduling experience a plus.
Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers.
Strong interpersonal communication, documentation, customer service and collection skills
• Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic information to ensure medical records/billing process flows efficiently.
• Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures.
• Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal, ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the same.
• Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance carriers.
• Assists patients in understanding financial obligations; collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to reduce Accounts Receivable.
• Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
KEYWORDS: "Admissions", "Registration", "Scheduling", “Patient Finance”, “Patient Access”, “Healthcare Access”, “Access Services”, "Admitting", "Scheduler", "Registrar", “Central Scheduling”, “Patient Access Services", "Hospitality", "Customer Service", "Banking", "Emergency", "ER", "Emergency Room"
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.