Jacobs 3D Laser Scanning Technician-Surveyor in HOUSTON, Texas
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The incumbent efficiently organizes and maintains a field survey crew and equipment to complete project tasks. Accurately observes, calculates and records field data. Reviews job specifications and plans fieldwork methods and costs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform 3 Dimensional High Definition field surveys for laser scanning projects.
• Plan daily activities considering possible multiple projects to meet productivity goals set by Project Managers.
• Supervise crew-level vehicle and equipment inventory, loading and maintenance. Make timely requests for external equipment, procedural changes, new equipment purchases and vehicle maintenance to the team lead. Supervise the crew’s use of equipment, preparation of sketches and notes, and electronic data collection.
• Communicates with the Team Lead and office staff about all aspects of the project.
• Work without direct day-to-day supervision and make technical and supervisory decisions for projects assigned within specified limits of authority.
• Executes daily data downloading and processing.
• Prepare daily time sheets, data logs, expense reports and field change orders.
• Assure field crew adheres to safety procedures and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
• Adhere to established company policies, follow all surveying and scanning service line procedures and assure that the crew follows standard procedures.
• Perform field surveying activities in accordance with standards set by the state.
• Provide input to Project Manager and group leader for the formal performance evaluation of crew members.
• Participate in survey department and field crew training.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of a high school diploma is required
• Successful completion of college level basic surveying classes or equivalent instrument operator experience is required
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working on a survey field crew as a party chief
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working on a 3D Laser Scanning field crew.
• Must have project experience in Oil and Gas Industry
• Must be willing to travel approximately 50% of time throughout the US
Title: 3D Laser Scanning Technician-Surveyor
Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Requisition ID: BI 000114