TD Industries Inc Building Technician III- Facilities in Houston, Texas
TDIndustries is a leading mechanical contractor headquartered in Dallas with branch offices throughout Texas and Phoenix, AZ. We are an employee-owned company and have been named among the "100 Best Companies to Work For” by Fortune Magazine since the list’s inception in 1998! Our Facilities Management Servicesteam provides comprehensive operations and maintenance for airports, schools, government, corporations and commercial offices and develops innovative solutions to maintain, optimize and extend the life of a facility’s critical infrastructure. If you are seeking to be a part of an organization that is committed to career growth, we invite you to apply.
We currently seek a Building Technician IIIto join our team. This position is responsible for the operations and maintenance of large commercial HVAC, O&M; in a data center systems and central plant operations. Will perform preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment including data center critical operating environments and CRAC systems, Central Plant equipment and other critical operating HVAC systems within a high level corporate environment. Must have strong understanding of preventive and predictive maintenance and URL tasks. Must possess strong communication and customer service skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to Facility Service Work Orders from building occupants. Requests may include plumbing, HVAC, lighting, roofing and electrical service calls
- Completes major repairs and in-depth preventative maintenance in a primary area of facilities operations and maintenance as well as other facility maintenance services as may be assigned.
- Interprets compliance requirements and ensures standardization of work.
- Identifies opportunities for process/system improvements and implements them as they are approved.
- Takes and logs readings from critical equipment and takes appropriate corrective actions before system outage occurs.
- Interprets blueprints and schematic drawings or oral/written instructions to assure completion of work to plan in commercial building maintenance operations.
- Diagnoses building management/energy management systems for faults and errors.
- Troubleshoots fire/life/safety, security and other building infrastructures
- Uses tools and equipment that are sophisticated in nature, and need to be kept in a calibrated or adjusted state.
- Keeps tools and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Uses required personal protective equipment while satisfying all work requests.
- Observes and complies with all company safety policies.
- Completes all required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Serves as primary technical resource in area of expertise.
- Works on and completes all facility team-based goals.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively increased responsibilities and diverse experience in a defined craft.
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct experience in the operations and maintenance of facility systems.
- A two (2) year technical degree (or equivalent work experience) is desired.
- Strong understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance (PM) tasks with the ability to document PM tasking and frequency changes.
- Proven HVAC and building systems knowledge.
- Has basic knowledge of construction processes and techniques.
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining local, state or federal required licenses and/or certifications.
- Current Universal Refrigeration License and/or other positional licenses as required.
- Excellent math, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Advanced level computer skills are needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds and carry it a distance of 50 yards.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
- Works mainly indoors but can be exposed to temperature extremes and other weather conditions when working outdoors.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Houston, TX