Waste Management Business Analyst III - IT in Houston, Texas
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
Acts as a liaison between the Technology and the business of new systems and enhancement of existing systems. Conducts advanced level business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analysis in an effort to align Technology solutions with business initiatives.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Acts as a liaison between technical staff and business owners.
- Contributes advanced knowledge in formulating systems scope and objectives relative to the organization's business plan and user requirements, process flow definitions and functional specifications.
- Documents requirements and formulates test plans with QA and other partner groups prior to requesting business user testing.
- Coordinates with users to determine and document business and user requirements, process flow definitions, and functional specifications.
- Responsible for document repositories, maintenance and updates of project documentation library.
- Leads project team with gaining business user acceptance.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results for accuracy and efficiency.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
May coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Systems development, implementation, upgrades and related analysis
- QA testing, business analyst methodologies, system design and analysis
- Training and Communication skills
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
- None required.
V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. [Note: the following is defaulted for office setting position]
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Job: Information Technology
Title: Business Analyst III - IT
Requisition ID: 16015216