Cardinal Health Client Relations Manager in Houston, Texas
What Account Management - Dist contributes to Cardinal Health
Account Management is responsible for managing the success of the relationship with an assigned set of customers in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and Cardinal Health. Responsible for long-term relationship building between the customer, Cardinal Health, and other professional organizations (Group Purchasing Organizations, etc). The complexity of the solution, product, or services offered is variable and can range from simple to moderately complex selling.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Accountabilities in this role
- Own client relationship and will act as the escalation point for all programs services, projects and operational performance issues. Develops lasting relationships that foster client ties.
- Interacts with clients and project sponsors, stakeholders and various project members to ensure that specified business needs are met; assists in the post-implementation analysis to ensure that requirements are fulfilled.
- Assists in the development, refinement, validation or ensures completion of all projects; manages various work plans to ensure project commitments are met - on time.
- Analyzes program processes and makes recommendations for improving efficiency, resulting in expense reduction both internally and for external clients.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive client management experience is required, preferably within the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Superior communication skills to clearly communicate issues and resolutions in both a written and spoken format.
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Successful Candidate must have proven client relationship, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10 - 15% of time
- Valid driver's license
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.