Hoar Construction Construction Equipment Sales & Operations Manager in Houston, Texas
Construction Equipment Sales & Operations Manager (008043)
Construction Equipment Sales & Operations Manager
Number of Openings:
Job Type (Employment Type):
The Construction Equipment Sales & Operations Manager is responsible for generating new equipment revenue, procuring, maintaining, servicing, and deploying the construction equipment fleet to our company’s project sites. This position is responsible for managing the resources and the facility serving the equipment fleet. In this role you may be required to travel up to 75% of the time.
• Generate revenue by identifying new opportunities on our construction sites by visiting job sites, recognizing and evaluating upcoming needs, researching and recommending equipment needs both on the project and in the permanent fleet.
• Partnering with the project team to identify needs, research pricing and availability, and providing guidance to insure the best price and that equipment is in place when needed, whether from our warehouse or an outside provider.
• Plan, organize and supervise the process of, and the personnel responsible for procuring, maintaining and deploying major and minor construction equipment, work truck fleet and small tools. Maintain the inventory of the fleet, the tools, and supplies and distribute them to the job site when needed.
• Manage the warehouse facility in accordance with quality, safety and company requirements.
• Plan, develop, and implement warehouse health and safety, and security programs and activities.
• Develop warehouse operations policies and procedures and communicate this information to staff.
• Develop and implement profit improvement plans and change management plans.
• Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of warehouse operations.
• Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, statistics related to the warehouse operations area of responsibility, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
• Identify and coordinate with 3rd party equipment repair vendors for repairs outside the technical expertise of in-house mechanics.
• Handle paperwork associated with in-house reporting and documentation of revenue, expenses, maintenance and repair.
• Interview, select, coach, train, manage, and appraise the performance of warehouse personnel.
• Review contracts, invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
Bachelor's Degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Management or related field preferred
5-10 years of outside sales within the construction/heavy equipment market
Experience implementing effective systems and procedures for inventory tracking and tool and equipment rentals
Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite, smartphones and tablets
Valid Driver's License Required
Hoar Holdings is an EOE - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities