HP Corporate Real Estate Portfolio Strategy Manager -Americas in Houston, Texas
Corporate Real Estate Portfolio Strategy Manager -Americas
We are the leading printing and personal systems technology company in the world, and we are here to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
In an ever-changing, connected world, HP Inc. keeps reinventing itself, its technologies, and what tomorrow holds – so industries, communities, and individuals can keep reinventing how they operate, ideate and create what matters most to them. We operate with the heart, creativity, and energy of a startup, and with the brain, muscles, and determination of a Fortune 100 corporation. We use this unique combination, along with our 50,000 world-class employees and 76-year legacy of innovation, to engineer experiences that amaze our customers.
As part of HP’s Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Services (CREWS) team, the Portfolio Planning, Strategy and Transactions organization leads the development of the company’s location footprint strategy and executes that strategy as programmatic / project initiatives and real estate transactions.
The team’s mission is to deliver highly impactful strategies that create a competitive advantage for HP Inc. businesses now and over time. The team is comprised of corporate real estate professionals and external strategic suppliers to achieve the team’s objectives.
For an assigned region or program, the Portfolio Strategy Manager initiates and manages the strategic planning process by which alternative supply scenarios are developed and evaluated for business review, funding and implementation. Upon approval, the Manager executes the space strategy by coordinating activities across CREWS and managing the outsource process to acquire or dispose of space via purchase, sale, lease or license agreement.
· Understand and track business needs, drivers, expectations, constraints, timelines, etc. in partnership with CREWS Client Relationship Managers
· Translate demand requirements into metro or site-level space supply scenarios
· Ensure supply scenarios undergo a robust due diligence and qualitative / quantitative evaluation and are routinely mined for opportunities to optimize real estate cost drivers through improved space utilization, space standards, and alternative working arrangements
· Lead business case development and presentation to summarize supply scenario options and guide decision making using financial and non-financial information and performance metrics.
· Monitor critical lease dates requiring action and proactively evaluate potential actions via the strategic planning process. Synthesize into an annual plan-of-record (POR) inclusive of recommendations on property investment,divestment, consolidation or improved efficiency.
· Monitor and track strategic planning and transaction activities to proactively manage risk and ensure proper traction,forward momentum, and timely completion of all initiatives.
· Coordinate the creation of relevant documents, including but not limited to: business case approvals, project initiationand engagement agreements, situational market analyses, requests for proposals (RFPs), letters of intent, and lease documents including exhibits
· Manage the site evaluation and selection process for new sites, relocations or expansions in support of approved business cases in partnership with CREWS colleagues and Site / BU representatives.
· Ensure Transaction Managers, Legal, Tax, and Treasury negotiate purchase, sale or lease agreements in-line with scenario assumptions, HP lease standards, and critical business terms & conditions. Serve as an escalation path to this set of business partners.
· Ensure all work complies with corporate policies as they relate to identifying and mitigating potential conflicts ofinterest and adhering to any governmental or jurisdictional agency requirements or processes.
· Work closely with and coordinate with other CREWS functions, HR Workforce Planning and BU’s
Partner with external service delivery partners to drive outstanding performance, responsiveness, professionalism and value-add.
· Bachelor Degree or Diploma
· 10+ years of corporate real estate experience
· 7+ years in a strategic portfolio planning or commercial real estate transactions role of which 3+ years must have been in support of a global or international portfolio
· Expert verbal communication and negotiation skills
· Sound legal understanding and judgment
· Superior analytical skills and the ability to summarize facts
· Financial acumen and data modeling skills including advanced Excel
· Expert written and visual communication skills including storyboarding and advanced PowerPoint
· Project management skills
· Strategic sourcing / vendor performance management skills
· Advanced Master Degree or Diploma
· Experience working in a large, global tech company
· Education or background in organizational design, workforce planning, corporate strategy, finance, real estate, real estate law or design (architecture, interior design, workplace strategy)
· Space planning or design skills
· Availability for business travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
· Bilingual with business-proficient English and Spanish language skills, both written and conversational
Is a person of high character; is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and mission; deals and
talks straight; is direct and truthful but at the same time can keep confidences.
Dealing with Trouble
Fearlessly takes on all issues and challenges; comfortably confronts and works through conflict; deals promptly and fairly with problem performers; not afraid to make negative decisions and take tough action; challenges the status quo and expresses this as curiosity and creativity.
Focusing on the Bottom Line
Maintains an eye on the financial and portfolio metrics, short-term and over time.
Getting Work Done Through Others
Manages people well; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable; keeps people informed.
Keeping on Point
Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivial; quickly senses what’s the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
No shift premium (United States of America)
EEO Tagline -
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Learn more about HP personal data
practices at Privacy Statement at http://www.hp.com/go/privacy , and
Personal Data Rights Notice at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/privacy/privacy_notice.html (where
applicable). Accessibility at HP at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/accessibility-aging/index.html
and Terms at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html