Cisco Customer Solutions Architect in Houston, Texas
Additional Location(s) or Information: Job Category: Sales Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager Requisition #: R1011262
Description: The Business Entity Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
- The Team* To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Our Global Enterprise Theater is seeking a Consulting Systems Architect (CSA ) to represent the depth and breadth of Cisco’s networking capabilities into the Oil and Gas vertical. The CSA will provide a business value driven approach to the customer's network architecture and ensure that the network solutions are aligned with the business objectives. They will also need to understand and represent the direction vertical is taking so that it can be brought back into the company to maximize Cisco's ability to respond effectively in the future. While primarily maintaining a technical focus, a successful CSA must exhibit good knowledge and practical experience of: The breadth of Cisco's product and service capability in particular of systems architectures that cross individual product lines he trends, directions and financial climate within the chosen vertical
- Role & Responsibilities* • Build relationships to communicate Cisco messaging at all levels within an account, and adapting the messaging to suit the recipient.
• Understand Cisco's strategic direction, and how to articulate the value at all levels within the customer's organization.
• Enable the customer to align their long term network architecture vision to Cisco’s and help the customer execute upon that vision • Maintain broad technology breadth with the ability to define solutions that cut across product sector boundaries.
• Provide consultancy approach within an account to ensure all requirements have been identified before definition of any solution.
• Conduct research into advanced topics significant to the customer and cultivating relationships with the subject matter experts within Cisco that can go into depth with the customer.
• Respond with an understanding of the context of the questions surrounding these advanced topics, but not be expected to be the expert in each area.
• Orchestrate the overall Cisco technical engagement and must have the capacity to engage directly with the CDO on the majority of Cisco product lines for matters of design architectures that can be translated into meaningful planning information to the customer.
• They must be capable of building the very best Cisco virtual technical team, drawing on SE, CSE and other specialist resources as required.
- Minimum Qualifications* • 8 + years networking experience with 4 years field experience working with major named accounts as a Systems Engineer, Consulting Systems Engineer or equivalent • Experience maintaining technical relationship for 1 or 2 large customers and/or industry vertical • Has broad technology breadth with the ability to define solutions that cut across product sector boundaries.
• Experience developing strong relationships with the customer’s senior management while demonstrating ability to have an executive conversation around an ROI model • Experience present technical solutions to a non-technical CxO type audience • Strong ability in developing business cases around technology • Experience coordinating technical activities and resources in-line with architectural vision and proactive operations into the customer (e.g. technical specialization resources, technical marketing and Advanced Services delivery) By leveraging CDO/CMO, seeks to provide a 2-3 year technical vision aligned to the customers business needs • Experience management consulting company a plus
- About Cisco* The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Manager Opportunity Category: Big Data, Internet of Everything, Cloud
Customer Solutions Architect Houston TX US R1011262-en_US