Kloeckner Metals Corporation Cut to Length Operator in Houston, Texas
Job Summary: Assistant machine operator with set ups and operation of the Cut to Length machine to meet customer specifications.
*Job Functions/Responsibilities *
- Measure the completed product to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gauges, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Examine completed product for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications, such as materials to be used, locations of cutting lines, or dimensions and tolerances.
- Print tags and close jobs using computer.
- Assist with the set ups and operation of the Cut to Length machine.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Assist with testing and adjusting machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Assist with the packaging of the finished product if needed.
- Position, align, and secure product against fixtures or stops on machine beds.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of measuring devises
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and understand work orders
*Minimum Requirements: *High School diploma or GED 1 to 2 years experience in production process (metals industry preferred)
Auto req ID: 1419BR
Req ID: Houston Mac
Title: Cut to Length Operator
Job Location: Houston Mac
Address: 7400 Mesa Drive
Zip Code: 77028