Sun & Ski Digital Merchant – Ski, Snowsports & Patio in Houston, Texas
About the Position
Sun & Ski is a leading outdoor retailer specializing in equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories to enhance our customers' active lifestyles. The company operates 32 stores across 12 states and offers online sales at www.sunandski.com. Our core stores feature a broad selection of products for year-round outdoor lifestyle activities including ski, bike, board, run, swim and surf, while our Northeast stores sell ski and snowboard equipment and apparel in the winter and outdoor lifestyle furniture in the summer. Our commitment to providing exceptional service, unparalleled expertise and the highest quality products is the cornerstone of our unique approach and our 100% Performance Guarantee.
Sun & Ski is a looking for a digital site merchandiser. The ideal candidate for this position will have an ability to persuasively create and maintain our online catalog. The candidate will have the ability to comprehend and execute eCommerce needs, marketing strategies, and web based selling techniques with proficiency.
- Serve as a digital category expert for assigned categories. Understand Sun & Ski merchandising strategies, competitive landscape, and how to bring strategies to life digitally (website, mobile, social, etc.).
- Regularly review and report out web metrics to key stakeholders. Understand and implement levers of growth in response.
- Develop and manage strategy for on-site keyword search for assigned categories, continually optimizing to reduce failed searches and improve conversion.
- Manage product recommendation engine (e.g.- Baynote, RichRelevance, etc.); identify new opportunities for tool and optimize placement and merchandising rules on site.
- Optimize web page copy, metadata, titles, descriptions, and alt tags, for SEO to increase rankings and traffic.
- Work collaboratively to enhance product pages with video content, educational content, additional product specs, alternate images, and user-generated content.
- Serve as main point of contact for cross-functional teams, including email and core marketing team, to develop site content that supports respective Sun & Ski categories.
- Weekend and holiday work occasionally required
**NOTE additional responsibilities may be added based on business needs.
- 1-3 years of online merchandising experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Acts as a strong advocate for the customer and works collaboratively across disciplines to drive the best customer experience solution
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities and/or projects. Proven ability to adapt and react quickly to changing business needs.
- Experience with eCommerce applications preferred (e.g. Websphere, Demandware, Google Analytics, Magento, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life/Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Employee Benefit Plan (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan *
- Associate Discount *
- Company/Vendor sponsored Product Knowledge/Training Adventure trips
* Benefits available to all employees.