Comcast Director, Employee Engagement in Houston, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for Employee Relations programs, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates expertise in conducting investigations; exercises good judgment in resolving issues and maintains a positive relationships with leadership and colleagues. Provides counsel and guidance to leadership on Human Resources team regarding escalated employee issues. Ensures legal compliance, enhanced employee satisfaction, and engagement in human capital initiatives. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
Core Responsibilities :
- Responsible for proactive employee engagement activities to maintain a Great Place to Work.
- Ensures Human Resources policies are reviewed and amended, as needed, based on changes to legislation and/or internal processes and practices.
- Provides oversight and direction to Managers in the investigation of any internal complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment, and other employee/manager matters.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Employee Relations policies, procedures, programs, and other Company initiatives.
- Determines methods to provide informational opportunities for supervisors and employees about work expectations, handling of informal complaints, and handling of formal grievances.
- Ensures positive and respectful work environment through positive reinforcement, modeling desired behavior, providing adequate work tools, and administering policies fairly and consistently.
- Oversees investigations and management of compliance matters related to FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Title VII and other employment regulations.
- Conducts difficult employee counseling sessions regarding EEO charges, ADA, performance, and terminations.
- Conducts employee focus group sessions, employees surveys, and interviews to obtain employee feedback. Identifies employee concerns and monitors overall employee satisfaction. Partners with leadership and employees to develop and implement action plans.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study: Arts & Humanities
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer