Gordon Food Service Experienced Outside Food Sales Representative - North Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Are you ready to take your professional sales experience to the next level? We currently have opportunities for experienced sales pros to join our team. As aCustomer Development Specialist - Outside Sales, you will provide consultative guidance and identify growth opportunities for restaurants, hotels, caterers, and other commercial food service customers, in addition to identifying new customers that can benefit from the personalized solutions that Gordon Food Service offers. Your experience, combined with our innovative tools and internal resources, will create shared success for you, Gordon Food Service, and our customers.
Here’s what you can expect to gain in this role:
- Culture of integrity and respect
- Security and benefits for your family, health, and future
- Importance of family and personal life
- Career development and mentor programs
- Opportunities for advancement
- Servant leadership
- Rewards for performance
- Flexibility and control of your calendar
Here’s what you can expect to experience in this role:
- Complete Gordon Food Service Systems Training.
- Gain expertise on GFS specific products, processes, and systems.
- Manage customer orders
- Acquire new customers
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Manage customer accounts receivables within guidelines
- Perform effective territory management
- Effective execution of the Selling Cycle
- Develop negotiations strategy
- Develop pricing strategies
- Leverage resources to increase territory growth
- Deliver effective presentations
- Conduct customer business reviews
- Maintain knowledge of segment through industry magazines and local culinary organizations
- Demonstrate and deliver understanding of Foodservice Industry and operations
- Understand areas of customer focus, including Sales Building, Staffing, Profitability, and Compliance
- Demonstrate effective sampling
- Explain key features and benefits of Gordon Food Service products
- Understand and leverage advantages of Gordon Food Service branded products
- Explain Value Added concepts to customers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we look for in the person we will hire:
- This position requires customer focus with comprehensive communication skills and the ability to express self verbally.
- Must be a strategic thinker, inquisitive, innovative, and creative in order to build relationships, network, link resources and apply business practices.
- Works effectively in teams and display integrity and honesty to participate and contribute to branch team efforts.
- Must be goal driven, have good organizational and administration skills in order to self manage and develop discipline and be flexible and coachable.
- Must be able to meet and exceed sales performance goals and execute good time and territory management.
- Three or more years previous outside sales experience to include experience or an interest in food business practices and food preparation, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent - required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing – preferred
- Culinary certification a plus
- Must maintain a valid state Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Must be able to travel extensively throughout the region
- Reside or willing to relocate to a geographical area within the assigned sales territory
To learn more about who we are, take a walk through our website at www.gfs.com.
Imagine the difference.
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!Click herefor more details.
Our People Make the Difference Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Job Category: Sales